Takes cognizance of Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (KVS) / Central School Organization (CSO) in regards to admission into Classes I – X for the Academic Year 2017 – 2019 in the subsequent Paragraphs.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan (केंद्रीयविद्यालयसंगठन) / (Central School Organization) Admission Management Committee shall release Official Notification in the First Week of February 2017 Notification detailing Admission Schedule for 1st up to 10th Classes.
“Registration for admission to Class-I in Kendriya Vidayalayas is open 08/02/2017 (08.00 A.M.) to 15/03/2017 (04.00 P.M.). (UPDATED)
Notification for Admission into Class XI shall be released followed by announcement of Class Secondary School Certificate Examination / High School Certificate / Matriculate / 10th Class and the Admission Formalities shall be completed within 30 days hence Notification.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission 2017-18 Notification, Application Form, Rules, Eligibility Criteria and procedure for applying. Kendriya Vidyalaya is a summation of 1093 central government schools affiliated to the Ministry of Human Resource Development (MHRD) of the Government of India. The Kendriya Vidyalaya Sangathan oversees the functioning of all kvs schools in India. The admission procedure for all schools is unified as per the KVS Admission guidelines that is published every year by the center. Following is a detailed admission guide for students and parents seeking admission across KVS schools in India 2015-16. Please note that these guidelines are not applicable to Kendriya Vidyalyas outside India.
Registration for Class II onwards (except Class XI)
08.02.2017 from 8.00 am
Last date of registration for Class II onwards (except Class XI)
18.04.2017 up to 4.00 pm
Registration for Class XI
Within 20 days after declaration of Board results.
Display of list & admission for Class XI
Within 30 days after declaration of Board results
Last date of Admission for all Classes
The Kendriya Vidyalaya has not yet started the Admission Form 2017-18. It is available as soon as possible on the official website. All Candidates are advised stay connected with this page we will provide latest updates of Application Form starting date. Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Guidelines for session 2017-18 are given below. you can check it, The Admission procedure will start in the first week of February Month. You can fill your online form from this page. Admission Form is free of cost. All the Students who want to take admission into Kendriya Vidyalaya should ready to Apply for Admission. Online Registration link will available as soon as. Check all details regarding KVS Admission 2017-18. Check Admission Guidelines through following link.
Kendriya Vidyalaya Admission Schedule 2017-18:-
1) Advertisement for admission by Regional Office / Kendriya Vidyalaya – 01/02/2017
2) Online Registration for Class I (Except for Special Provision http//darpan.kvs.gov.in Online admission) – 08.02.2017 from 8.00 am
3) Last date of Registration for Class I – 10.03.2017 till 4.00 pm
4) Declaration of selected list for Class I & admission for Class I – 20.03.2017 onwards
5) Registration for Class II onwards (except Class XI). Wherever new Schools/ Sections are opened registration may start from 08/02/2017 – 05.04.2017 from 8.00 am
6) Extended date for Second Notification admissions to be made under RTE Provisions (Class I), if sufficient applications not received under RTE Provisions – 17.04.2017
7) Last date of registration for Class II onwards (except Class XI) – 18.04.2017 up to 4.00 pm
8) In case sufficient number of registrations for SC/ST not received in Ist Phase, second notification may be issued – May to June 2017
9) Declaration of list of class II onwards – 25.04.2017
10) Admission for class II onwards – 26.04.2017 to 05.05.2017
11) Registration for Class XI – Within 20 days after declaration of Board results.
12) Display of list & admission for Class XI – Within 30 days after declaration of Board results.
13) Last date of Admission for all Classes – 31.07.2017.
Eligibility For KVS Admission 2017 :-
A child must be 5 years old as on 31st March of the academic year of admission to Class I .
(Child born on 1st April should also be considered.)
Age as on 31st March of the year of admission:
Class – Minimum age as -Maximum age as
I – 05 years – 07 years
II – 06 years – 08 years
III – 07 years – 09 years
IV – 08 years – 10 years
V – 09 years – 11 years
VI – 10 years – 12 years
VII – 11 years – 13 years
VIII – 12 years – 14 years
IX – 13 years – 15 years
X – 14 years – 16 years
•The age limit is relaxable by 02 years in case of physically handicapped candidates.
•There is no age restriction for Class IX candidates provided the candidate is seeking admission into class X in the same year. Similarly there is no age limit for Class XII candidates provided there is no break in continuous study.
Relaxation in terms of seats:
1. 15 percent for SC candidates
2. 7.5 per cent for Scheduled candidates
3. 3 percent for differently abled candidates.
4. 25 percent for student belonging to Economically weaker sections of society (EWS).
Documents to be attached to the registration form:-
• For Class I, certificate of proof of age in the form of a birth certificate issued by the authority competent to register births. This will include certificates from Notified Area Council / Municipality / Municipal Corporation extract about the date of birth from records of Village Panchayat, Military Hospital and service records of Defence personnel or Affidavit.
•For other classes, the date of birth recorded in the transfer certificate issued by a school recognized by the State Education Department would be accepted. The original certificate of date of birth should be returned to the parent after verification.
•Admissions up to class-VIII may be granted without any school transfer certificate provided the child is otherwise eligible and his birth certificate has been issued by a Govt. body or affidavit.
•For grandchildren of the Honorable Members of Parliament and PSU Employees a certificate of relationship must be produced.
•This is also applicable for grandchildren of KVS employees.
•Children belonging to SC/ST/EWS/OBC and BPL categories are required to produce a certificate issued by a state or union government.
•Handicapped or physically disabled candidates are required to produce a certificate from a civil surgeon or rehabilitation center.
•In case of children whose parents have been transferred a service certificate showing the number of transfers in the last seven years, duly stamped by the Head office with name designation and other relevant particulars in bold letters should be produced.
•A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defense personnel.
•A certificate of retirement for uniformed Defence employees.
•Proof of Residence.
Registration- Registration for classes will be done only if there is or are seats available in the particular class. Registration forms are available with the respective principal of KVS schools at the start of the academic year. Registration forms complete in all respects should be submitted to the respective KVS schools before the last date for submission.
Method of Admission to Class I:-
Out of the available seats of fresh admission, 15 percent will be reserved for SC and 7.5 percent will be reserved for SC/ST candidates. The short fall in the number of seats reserved for SC and ST, will be worked out after considering number of SC/ST children admitted under RTE quota.
(1) In first phase, 10 seats (out of 40 seats) in Class I per section are to be filled as per RTE Provisions (25% of seats) and these 10 seats will be filled by draw of lots from all applications of SC/ST/EWS/BPL/OBC (Non Creamy Layer)/Differently abled taken together.
(2) In second phase, remaining seats are to be filled as per existing Priority category system. The short fall in the seats reserved for SC/ST, if any shall be made good by admitting SC/ST applicants.
NEIGHBOURHOOD & PROOF OF RESIDENCE
1. Proof of residence shall have to be produced by all applicants. However admission cannot be denied due to non-submission of Proof of residence.
2. A self-declaration in writing from the parent about distance may also be accepted to this effect.
Every Kendriya Vidyalaya will constitute a committee for the purpose of monitoring a system of Draw of Lots to be held in Class I or in any other class wherever such stage is reached when all candidates of a particular category or having same number of transfers cannot be accommodated against available number of seats.
Admission for Class II to Class VIII:-
Admission test shall not be conducted for admission to Class II to VIII and the admission may be granted based on Priority category system (1 to 5 or 6 as the case may be). If applications are more than the number of seats, lottery system will be followed in each category including single girl child quota.(Class VI Onwards).
Admission for Class IX:-
For admission to Class IX, an admission test shall be conducted and a merit list prepared for each category of priority separately. Admission shall be granted in the sequence of priority categories, in the order of merit.
Admission to Class XI:-
Admission to Class XII in streams of Humanities, Commerce and Science will be on the basis of merit list prepared as the CGPA obtained by student in Class X. Class strength is reserved at 40 per stream.
In case of candidates obtaining the same CGPA
a)Candidates obtaining a higher grade in Maths will be given preference.
b)If candidates have the same grade in Maths then Grades in Maths and Science will be given preference.
c)In case of tie between two candidates in these subjects grades, student older in age will be given preference.
A student who has not qualified for admission in a particular stream will be allowed fresh admission to another stream in the next academic session provided he/she improves his/her performance.
Fresh Admission for Non KV Students
Fresh Admission for Non KV Students would be made on the following eligibility criteria
1.Science and Commerce Stream (Minimum 8.0 CGPA)
2.Humanities (Minimum 6.4 CGPA)
EQUIVALENCE OF N.I.O.S / STATE BOARDS / ICSE FOR ADMISSION IN CLASS XI IN KENDRIYA VIDYALAYAS
The students of State Boards/ICSE/NIOS where marks are awarded be considered for admission in class XI if vacancies exist. The marks awarded in various subjects are considered against the corresponding Grade awarded by CBSE.
* Marks of different subjects are to be converted into grades as per CBSE norms as given below:
Conversion of marks into Grades:
Admission of Children studying abroad:-
A KV Student, who went abroad with his parents on their deputation to a foreign country, will be admitted to corresponding class on their return to India by the Principal of Kendriya Vidyalaya concerned.In case of any issue related to the interpretation of admission Guidelines, the decision of Commissioner KVS, will be final.